Daughters and Dads is a Ground Breaking Empowerment Program
Australian Cricket is looking for facilitators to deliver a world's first physical activity and social emotional well-being program for daughters and dads.
The Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered Cricket Program is a ground breaking 9-week program supported by academic research and cricket is the first sport to be involved.
Who are we looking for?
- Teachers (preferably those who have daughters) OR
- Dads of girls currently playing cricket
What skills to you need?
- Some experience of presenting to groups
- Approved OCG Working with Children Check
- Enthusiasm, passion and desire to make a difference
What is the program?
- 9 weeks for 1.5 hrs a week
- A combination of physical activity and education sessions
- Dads also focus on their daughters social-emotional and physical well-being.
- Plenty of time to develop cricket skills and have fun
- The educations sessions include: Bravery, Self-control, Critical Thinking, Resilience, Persistence, Positivity
What do you get?
- NESA accredited training
- Facilitator training delivered by Dr Phil Morgan and team from University of Newcastle
- Opportunity to apply your training as a program facilitator
- Support from CNSW staff to deliver the program
Want to get involved or need some more details?
Contact: Samantha Devlin, Female Participation Manager
mobile: 0428 429 155
Program Background and Research
For more information on the program and it's development